Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3rd: Feeling Positive!

I have to start off by saying that I got a great night of sleep!  I awoke today feeling rejuvenated & ready for my next round of 5K training. I haven't woken up this motivated in years.
In the back of my mind, I keep hearing Heidi Powell telling me, "You are motivated! It's not easy, but you can do it!"  I've been replaying her sweet "tweet" to me back and forth in my head since the last episode of, EWL, on July 1st (Melissa's transformation).  I can also hear Chris saying, "Awesome!!!"  In response to my #CommercialBreak tweets of lunges, squats, and sit-ups...
 
Heidi and Chris have really kept me going this week. And they don't even know it!
 
I've been eating breakfast (clean eating) earlier and earlier every morning.  It's hard, but I've been implementing the new habit. I've also been waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour after I eat to perform my training. I don't like the feeling of being "full" while I'm working out or walking.
I tried a different walking path today. 
 
I enjoyed the scenery, but it was much warmer and sunnier today compared to yesterday.  It's time to get my workouts done in the early morning now.  I did fine today, but I did get a bit of a headache while walking in the sun. I fought through it, and completed my training session for the day.
 
I also have noticed that my cravings are gone.  I'm eating at my scheduled meal times, I'm eating clean,  and I'm eating plenty of green veggies.  My water intake today could have been better, but I did manage to get down about 65 ounces so far. 
 
This evening, I'm feeling sore (legs, arms, abs) and I'm very tired.  It's lights out for this girl, just as soon as 'Hell's Kitchen' is over! 
Ending this day, I can honestly say for the first time in a really long time, that I am proud of myself.  I'm sticking to my goals, and with purpose.  I am so proud to be honoring my daughter's life and memory by training for this 5K, as well as fundraising for a cause close to my heart.
And just like Heidi said, I CAN DO THIS.
 
Have a blessed, safe, and Happy 4th of July holiday tomorrow!  And please remember, Freedom may ring, but it isn't free.  Tomorrow I honor the life of my friend and hero, SSG Richard Allen Burdick. RIP, Rich. Your sacrifice gor our country will never be forgotten.
 
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment