Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, America!





HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, AMERICA!
 
Yesterday, I made the acknowledgment that my training time would need to be bumped up to the early morning hours due to the sun and heat wiping me out.  I arose at 5: am, had my pre-workout
meal at about 5:30 am, and was out the door for my 5K training by 6:30 am.
 
To my surprise, there appears to be an elite bunch of peoples in my beautiful beach city who also have goals that require walking, jogging, and/or running.  I even saw people working out at the park!
 
There is minimal traffic at 6:30 am.  Each fellow athlete that I passed returned my "good morning" greeting and smile with the same.  No one is staring at you, watching you, judging you.  It's tranquil and peaceful.
 
I think this is going to be the determining factor in my motivation to train early, each and every day, no matter what the weather looks like.
 
I arrived home from my speed walk about 20 minutes ago, and am currently finishing up breakfast part 2: Protein smoothie made with raw pineapple and cherries, water, ground flax, and Fage Greek Yogurt (plain). 
 
This is the first time in several years that I've felt accomplished before 7:30 am...
I'm proud of myself !
Heidi and Chris Powell are still in my head, encouraging me on. (Lol). Speaking of Heidi and Chris, you must check out their training app,  'Vemma Bode'.... I started the program and played around with the settings today, it's amazing! Lot's of videos, instructions, workouts, meal plans, and shopping lists.  Perfect!  However, I'm going to finish out my first week of training with my pre-arranged clean eating and training plan, and then Monday, July 7th, I'll switch over to their carb Cycling program again.  Get yourself Chris' s books, too... and check out Vemma Bode here to get your free phone app:

http://www.vemma.com/bode/

I previously discussed the pain from carrying all of this extra weight around; how it was bearing down on my bones and joints.  I know that will subside once I begin to lose larger amounts of weight, but it is still painful, none-the-less.  I'm pushing through the pain. And I'm getting through it.  I'd like to add, although maybe TMI for some of you, that I am currently on my menses, and had started it a few days before I started training. 

Some of you may already know about my menses issues, and fibroids that I suffer from.  This condition makes it nearly impossible to function on the days of my menses, because they are so heavy and painful.  But I have been pushing though it during my training~  Yes, it's uncomfortable.  But I am noticing that my menses is starting to lighten up a bit, and is not as heavy as it was before I started this 5K training.  So, I am making the commitment to push through my menses cycles each month. 

I am feeling slightly achy today with some low back pain.  I know it's normal, but I have to say, it's not really bothering me too bad... I am just 'aware' of it... but it's not knocking me down!  Chris Powell says that it's normal to feel a little sluggish later in the day after you have just began a new workout regimen... I did experience that yesterday, but I did not eat my way through it!  I did notice that, for a split second, I thought about crunchy carbs (salty chips) as soon as I started feeling sluggish yesterday.  I drank some water, sidetracked myself with some office work I needed to catch up on, and the feeling went away.

It's amazing what miracles happen when you put your foot down to excuses, and make a commitment to have integrity and do the right thing.  It's not easy, but I am doing it.  My integrity-fault lies somewhere between crunchy carbs and the excuse of being in pain from my ailments on most days.  That has changed now.  NO more excuses.  No more cheats.  No more crap. Period.  No chips, no wine, no fried foods, no soda.  ONLY my planned cheat with my friends Jeni and Crystal, when they come down to visit next week.  Jeni and I will be sharing a California Burrito.  Because we pre-planned it. =)
 
Today is the 4th of July... we have a small bbq planned at home,  and have decided to just keep it simple,  healthy & relaxing this 4th of I won't drive on holidays, because there are too many stupid drunk people on the roads.  Since we live pretty close to the beach, we can usually see fireworks from our house!
I'll post all of my SHEALTH Stats tonight, after they're all completed.
 

Happy 4th, America!
 
~The Kaptain
 
*I will post all of my SHealth Stats later on this evening, when I have completed them all. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment